Just like in fashion, certain new home amenities move in and out of vogue. One day your in and the next you are out. New home builders have to stay up on the latest trends in new home amenities to make their homes appealing to new buyers.
Here are the 10 features builders are least likely and most likely to include in a home built this year based on findings from a recent survey by the National Association of Home Builders.
- Outdoor kitchen with cooking, refrigeration and sink
- Laminate countertops in the kitchen
- Outdoor fireplace
- Two-story family room
- Media room
- Two-story foyer
- Walking/jogging trails in community
- Whirlpool or jetted tub in the master bathroom
- Carpeting as flooring on the main level
En Vogue Features
- Walk-in closet in master bedroom
- Laundry room
- Low-e windows
- Great room (open concept kitchen-family room-living room)
- Energy Star-rated appliances
- 9-foot ceiling or more on the first floor
- Energy Star-rated windows
- Programmable thermostat
- Two car garage
- Granite countertop in kitchen
What amenities are important to you? Make sure you identify those before you start searching for your next home. And if you are looking to update your home, consider adding some features from the en vogue list to help with resale.
What if you have some of the out-dated features in a home that you are trying to sell? Consider staging your home to put it in the best possible light. If you have some out-dated features but you also have some of the en vogue, highlight those in-demand features
If you have questions about how to prepare your home for the market or if want to see homes in your dream neighborhood, contact me.