Any improvements will add value to your home, right? Wrong. Some improvements are safer bets than others. Here are the top 7 home improvements you can make in 2015 according to research conducted by Redfin real estate brokerage.
1. Quartz Countertops – Quartz has experienced a huge increase over the past few years because it is durable and more affordable.
2. Smart Homes – While it’s still a niche, it can be appealing to buyers and convenient for home owners.
3. Stainless Steel Appliances – This trend is here to stay and is a very safe home improvement bet.
5. Tasting Rooms – A transformation from old wine cellars to tasking rooms that are adjacent to the main socializing rooms of the home.
6. Outdoor Kitchens – Like the fire pit, these expand the living space and give additional entertainment space.
7. Freestanding Tubs – Buyers want a bathroom that is more reminiscent of a spa. Gone are the days of the space-saving combined shower and tub.
If you have questions about upgrades and the value that they can add to your home, e-mail me and I’ll be happy to talk with you. Together we can identify the best choices to add value to your home.