Anyone who owns a home usually keeps a running list of repairs that need to be made. It’s just a part of home ownership. But before you put your home on the market there are 9 home repairs that you really should take care of.
These are repairs that will typically show up in a home inspection, so you might as well go ahead and fix them before you list your home.
1. Fogged windows – While the window still works, it can make it look like the home hasn’t been well maintained.
2. Jet tubs that leak
3. Water damage to exterior trim – Fix any rotten wood on exterior trim, then caulk and paint.
5. Loose handrails or deck rails
6. Gutters – Clean these and make sure downspouts channel water away from the foundation of the home.
7. Leaky showers and faucets
8. Heating, ventilation and air conditioning – Clean and service the unit and change the air filter.
9. Light bulbs – This is a small item but it will be written up by an inspector.
If you are thinking about selling your home and have questions, give me a call. I can do a market analysis on your home and identify any additional items that you might need to repair before listing to help you get top dollar for your home.